Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I Heart My Doctor

Have I mentioned how much I love my Ob/Gyn?  She is such an awesome doctor.  After all of my frustrations about scheduling in the last post, I left a message for her to call me about the necessary IUI appointments.  I got a phone call from her nurse on Friday, saying that my doctor was on-call, but would get back to me as soon as she could.  The nurse then asked me some questions and wrote down the answers to relay to my doctor. 

My Ob/Gyn called me the next day, which was her day off and a Saturday.  We talked about hopefully getting everything set up for the IUI in January, and discussed what the RE had suggested.  She took the time to answer my questions and give me her advice over the phone, so that I wouldn’t have to pay OOP for consultation office visits all the time.  She told me that as long as there was room in her schedule and at the clinic, we’d be good to go for the IUI in January!

As of now, I’m still waiting on my Ob/Gyn to call me back with a definitive yes or no about the procedure.  If it’s a yes, she’ll call in my Clomid prescription to the pharmacy, so I can take it at the beginning of my January cycle.  Then, we’ll schedule the days for the ultrasound, sperm wash and IUI, then b/w. 

While I still want to be hopeful that maybe my husband and I can pull it off the old fashioned way in December, I’m so excited to be moving forward next month.  I can’t believe that in just a few weeks we could have a real shot at getting pregnant!        

No comments:

Post a Comment