Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Yay for Progress

I heard back from my Ob/Gyn’s nurse just the other day, and my doctor had called in my prescription for Clomid to the pharmacy.  Yay!  So, as of right now, the IUI is a go.  I still don’t have the rest of the appointments firmly scheduled, but I’m trying to have faith that everything will fall into place. 

Speaking of pharmacies, Walgreens is crazy.  I went in to pick up my Clomid prescription, and the technician behind the counter said there was a “lock” on them.  She told me she needed to get authorization to give it to me.  Really?  Isn’t the doctor’s script enough of an authorization? 

Oddly enough, this is not the first time that this has happened to me.  Apparently, every time I go to pick up a prescription from them, a flag is set off in their computer system.  It’s a warning that the medication I’m buying may be harmful to pregnant women and/or unborn children.  It seems that since I’m noted as taking a prescription prenatal vitamin from them, Walgreens is convinced that I’m pregnant. 

Seriously, Walgreens.  I’m trying, but it hasn’t happened yet.

So, the tech said she had to confirm that I was, in fact, not pregnant before she gave me the Clomid.  I just looked at her and said, “No, I’m not.  Wouldn’t that defeat the purpose of the medication?”  Honestly.   

Anyway…I’ve got the Clomid now, and I’m looking forward to getting this show on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment