Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ultrasound Follow Up

Wow, time has totally gotten away from me.  I had meant to write this post as soon as it happened, but somehow it’s a month behind. 

Anyway, due to our baby girl’s position at our anatomy scan, we were scheduled for a follow up ultrasound to measure her heart.  Baby was finally right side up for once, although still transverse.  The ultrasound tech was able to point out the four chambers of the heart, and how everything looked good. 

The next day, however, my OB’s office called and said that although everything was normal, the tech didn’t get good enough pictures of the left and right ventricular outflow tracts (L/RVOT).  So, I was scheduled for yet another ultrasound at my next routine visit. 

After all of that drama, baby is perfectly healthy with a beautiful heart.  And, after 3 successive ultrasounds that all confirmed the same thing, I’m pretty confident in the fact that she is definitely a little girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment